You are invited to join us at our monthly zoom program:
Maintaining A Psychological Practice in the Age
of COVID19 and Beyond
Allen Weg, Ed.D.
Dr. Allen Weg is a NJ licensed psychologist and Executive Director of Stress and Anxiety Services of NJ, LLC, an independent practice whose 10 psychologists have left their office suites in East Brunswick and Florham Park empty since March 2020 and have gone completely virtual.
COVID19 has thrown all of us all completely into the virtual world of telehealth treatment, whether we were ready for it or not. Many believe that even when the present pandemic has passed us by completely, telehealth will remain an enduring component of our work, and the practice of psychology will never again be as it was pre-COVID. This presentation will focus on the cognitive and behavioral changes necessary for psychologists to adapt their practices to the age of COVID19 and beyond.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
1. List the important components to cover in a telehealth agreement with clients.
2. Apply guidelines and restrictions to preserve confidentiality when utilizing telehealth in psychological practice.
3. Use telehealth services to enhance therapy in ways that would be difficult or impossible with in-person therapy.
4. Address anxieties and concerns of clients reticent about using telehealth services in lieu of in-person therapy.
5. Design proactive changes in the design of one’s independent practice to adapt to the new reality of telehealth services..
This program is intended for psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, and graduate students. It will be presented at an intermediate level, meant for those with some prior knowledge of the subject matter. The presenter does not have any commercial support and/ or conflict of interest for this program.
When: Wednesday, November 11 2020
Where: zoom – address emailed prior to the event
Cost: $20 (non-MCPA members)
$10 (MCPA members)
Contact: Nancy Sidhu at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or prefer not to register online.
Please register online by Monday, November 10th 2020 at www.mcpanj.com.
1.0 CE Credit Available
This program is approved for 1 CE credit. The cost of a CE Certificate is $15 for NJPA members, $25 for non-members, and free for sustaining members.
Refunds will be granted (less administrative fees) for cancellations more than 24 hours in
advance of the event start time.